Borderlands 3 has something for the veterans and the newbies this week. For the vets, the November patch is live! This update addressed community requests and provides new free content for all players. This includes the raid-like Takedown at Mailwan’s Blacksite, and the late game challenge content gets a new twist with Mayhem 4. For the newcomers, Borderlands 3 is free to play on PS4 and Xbox One this weekend.
In Takedown at Maliwan Blacksite, Lorelei has recruited the Vault Hunters to destroy a top-secret weapon developed at Maliwan’s Blacksite. This permanent edition to the game is designed for squad players who have completed the main story and are up for a serious challenge. Respawning is disabled, although you can be saved with Second Wind or revived by team mates if certain conditions are met.
Mayhem 4 is a new level in Mayhem Mode, and allows for an even tougher challenge. Enemies health has been further increased, but so has the loot drop chances and it has added a brand new set of Legendaries that can only be achieved while this mode is activated. It also slightly adjusts the random modifier system, now randomly rolling just one positive modifier for both players and enemies. Mayhem levels 1-3 remain unchanged.
As well as the above content, the patch also addresses community requests:
· Bank Expansion: All characters now begin the game with 20 bank slots instead of 10. By acquiring additional Storage Deck Upgrades from Marcus’s shop on Sanctuary III, players can expand the storage bank to 300 total slots;
· Dedicated Loot Pools for Bosses: All bosses have been updated with new loot pools that give them dedicated Legendary items to drop. Players can now discover which bosses drop their favorite gear and more easily farm for those specific items;
· Additional Vending Machines: New vending machines have been placed across multiple maps;
· Target Dummy: A target dummy now appears in Sanctuary III’s firing range, allowing players to safely test their weapons;
· Thank You Weapons: Two free “thank you” weapons – one for lower-level players and one for Level 50 players – are available through the in-game mail system.
Beyond new content, this patch also adjusts end-game character balance and addresses a number of concerns reported by the community. For a comprehensive look at the adjustments made by today’s patch, please refer to the full patch notes here.
If you haven’t yet experienced any of this content, now’s the time! Across Europe and Australia, the Standard Edition, Deluxe Edition and Super Deluxe Edition’s are available for up to 40% off for a limited time on PS4, Xbox One and the Epic Games store. These sales run through till December 2nd, with exact timing depending on region and platform.
Borderlands 3 is also free to play this weekend on PS4 and Xbox One!