Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today revealed the first look at Mortal Kombat 11 with a showcase of crushing new gameplay, new and returning fighters, immersive story elements, and innovative features that offer a more personalised experience than ever before. Livestreamed to a global audience, the experiential, community celebration featured multiple reveals, including an appearance by UFC Champion, Olympic medallist and WWE Superstar, Ronda Rousey, who was announced as the voice of Sonya Blade.
“We’re thrilled to showcase Mortal Kombat 11 and reveal the gameplay, new features and epic characters to the fans,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “We have an amazing community, and it’s an honour to share this celebration of the Mortal Kombat franchise with all of our passionate fans around the world.”
The announcements for the thrilling game also included:
- The first Gameplay Reveal Trailer featuring an original music track created in collaboration with international DJ Dimitri Vegas, titled “You’re Next.”
- Introduction to the Story Mode, teasing the all-new, time-bending narrative featuring Kronika, the first female boss character in Mortal Kombat™history, who is the Keeper of Time and creator of existence.
- Announced new fighter Geras, a powerful and loyal servant of Kronika who is able to manipulate time, along with fan-favorite characters, including, Baraka, Raiden, Skarlet, Scorpion, Sonya Bladeand Sub-Zero.
- A montage of Mortal Kombat’smost iconic feature, Fatalities, showcasing the most gruesome, over-the-top Fatalities in Mortal Kombat™ history.
- Exclusive Mortal Kombat™ 11-inspired Under Armour Anatomix Spawn basketball footwear showcased via six custom designs by top sneaker artist and MK Kollective ambassador, Mache.
- Pre-order Mortal Kombat™ 11 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation, Xbox One or Xbox One X to receive access to the beta, available March 28, 2019. Pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character, Shao Kahn.