Hamburg based developer Mooneye Studios will be at Gamescom this year to showcase its innovative new title, Lost Ember, coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC first, with a Nintendo Switch version to follow shortly after.
Lost Ember is a third-person exploration adventure title where you play a wolf as your main character. Your spirit companion – once part of an ancient civilization – now guides you through a world that nature has reclaimed. Together you will find memories scattered throughout the land that will help you understand what happened to the old world and to your companion.
Your ability to possess every animal in the world enables you to explore the world in a lot of different perspectives to find hidden secrets and places that played a role in the fall of this world and hold important memories.
- PLAY AS A NOBLE WOLF with the magical abilities to inhabit a menagerie of creatures and explore the land, sea, earth and skies of this ancient world
- POSSESS ALL MANNER OF ANIMALS from soaring as an eagle, to digging as a mole, climbing like a mountain goat to swimming like a fish, plus plenty more from hummingbirds to ducks, many with their own unique abilities
- REVEAL AN EPIC PLOT that weaves folklore, myth and legend to tell the story of a once mighty empire now lost to the ravages of time
- EXPERIENCE A TRULY ORGANIC WORLD from densely wooded forests to barren deserts, gargantuan canyon valleys to lush rainforest canopies, archaic temples to colorful coral reefs
- FIVE TO SIX HOURS of adventuring gameplay to become engrossed in
Lost Ember launched a very successful Kickstarter that raised €326,103 (more than tripling its €100,000 goal!) in 2016. Around then it was covered by such top-tier media as Polygon, Kotaku, and PC Gamer. After roughly five years in development, it’s finally launching this summer on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, with both a Switch version and VR support to follow.
Booking 30 minute meetings for Lost Ember at Hall 4.1 at the Gamecity booth will be available at these times:
Tuesday August 20th – 9:00am – 7:00pm
Wednesday August 21st – 9:00am – 8:00pm
Thursday August 22nd – 9:00am – 8:00pm