As both a brilliant scientist and guardian angel of Overwatch, Dr. Angela Ziegler -Mercy- is dedicated to helping and healing others. And now this extends to the real world as from 9-22 of May, players can help Blizzard Entertainment and The Breast Cancer Research Foundation work towards a cure for breast cancer by purchasing Mercy’s new limited time only skin, PINK MERCY for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
With all proceeds (That’s right, no skimming off the top for Blizzard) going to the foundation, Overwatch players will be able to support crucial research regardless where they are in the world. This includes projects currently taking place in Australia, such as new clinical trials and the creation of a large biobank of specimens for better risk prediction.
Not only are they bringing the new skin, but Blizzard is also partnering with an epic team of Overwatch content creators to help the cause. Special charity streams featuring ANZ streamers KidKerrigan and Rudeism will be broadcast on Twitch.tv, with all donations taken during the stream supporting the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Additionally, players who watch these streams will be rewarded with Overwatch sprays and player icons to show their support in-game.
Please see below for all the ways players can support, including global Twitch emotes:
- BE A HERO – Learn more about the Pink Mercy skin
- WEAR FOR AWARENESS – Learn more about our limited-edition Pink Mercy charity shirt
- REP FOR RESEARCH – Learn more about the Pink Mercy cosmetics
- CHAMPIONING THE CAUSE – Learn more about Pink Mercy charity streams
- SPREAD AWARENESS – Learn more about Pink Mercy emotes on Twitch
- WHERE YOUR DONATION IS GOING – Learn more about BCRF
To learn more details on the charity event, please visit our blog post: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21758132