The SEGA Mega Drive Mini is now available and with it, a number of memorable masterpieces can be enjoyed by our amazing fans.
From Sonic The Hedgehog and Streets of Rage II to Golden Axe and Ecco the Dolphin, the system is filled to the brim with classic titles from SEGA and their third-party partners – 42, to be exact. That includes two bonus titles never previously released on the Mega Drive – Tetris® and Darius!
30 years ago, back in 1989, the SEGA Mega Drive put SEGA on the map. Now, with a miniaturised version of the iconic Model 1 launching in Australian retailers, the critics overwhelmingly agree – this is the best miniature console yet!
SEGA Mega Drive Mini, By the Numbers:
- 42 games, handled by M2, one of the foremost developers in porting and emulation of classic video games, for just $139.95 (RRP)
- The best-of-the-best from SEGA and their partners at Konami, Capcom, EA, Disney, Interplay, and The Tetris Company.
- For the first time on any miniature console, players will be able to enjoy games like Darius, Earthworm Jim, Alisia Dragoon, Monster World IV, Probotector, Castlevania: The New Generation, Mega Man®: The Wily Wars, and many more!
- 55% the size of the original Model 1, accurate replica.
SEGA Mega Drive FAQ:
Q. How much will it cost?
A. NZD $169.95 (RRP)
Q. How many games will be included?
A. 42 games.
Q. Which games will be included?
A. The full list of 42 titles included with the system are:
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Ecco the Dolphin
- Castlevania: The New Generation
- Space Harrier 2
- Shining Force
- Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
- ToeJam & Earl
- Comix Zone
- Altered Beast
- Gunstar Heroes
- Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
- World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
- Thunder Force III
- Super Fantasy Zone
- Shinobi III
- Streets of Rage 2
- Earthworm Jim
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Mega Man®: The Wily Wars
- Street Fighter II’®: Special Champion Edition
- Ghouls ‘n Ghosts®
- Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
- The Story of Thor
- Golden Axe
- Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
- Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball
- Wonder Boy in Monster World
- Road Rash II
- Virtua Fighter 2
- Alisia Dragoon
- Kid Chameleon
- Monster World IV
- Eternal Champions
- Dynamite Headdy
- Light Crusader
Q. Which version of the Mega Drive is the Mini based on?
A. It’s based on the original Model 1 Mega Drive which launched on Oct. 1988 in Japan, Aug. 1989 in North America, and Nov. 1990 everywhere else (including Australia). It’s approximately 55% of the original Model 1 size.
Q. What do you get in the box?
A. The SEGA Mega Drive Mini comes complete with 42 games, Two replica three-button USB Mega Drive controllers, One USB to Micro-B power cable and one HDMI cable.
Q. Who handled the ports?
A. M2 is handling the porting process. They’ve previously worked on SEGA AGES and SEGA 3D Classics Collection, with a fantastic reputation based on the quality of their emulation projects and their faithfully recreated ports.
Q. Where can I find more information?