Publisher Big Sugar have officially confirmed that physical versions of its upcoming action-platformer, Valfaris, will be available at retail for Switch and PS4 in November. The boxed versions will be published by Merge Games. The game will still be getting a digital release on these platforms plus Xbox One and PC.
Valfaris is set in a far corner of space and is a heavy metal infused 2D action-platformer.
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness. Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
Brutal combat. Deadly enemies. Stunning pixel art. Savage soundtrack.
Get ready to rip the galaxy a new wormhole.
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell
Check out the trailer below: